I failed like crazy to get a picture of this for the last 3 times we have had it. It is so good and I'm usually so hungry I can't wait to snap a pic before I eat. You'll have to deal.
Makes 1 13x9 pan of lasagna. Feeds 4 if you're fatties like the two of us and have half a pan for dinner.
12 Lasagna noodles
Instant mashed potatoes, milk, butter, and water - for enough potatoes to serve 6 per box
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup chopped chives
2 tablespoons garlic
1. Boil water and begin to cook lasagna noodles based on packaged instructions.
2. Heat oven to 350.
3. When noodles are 1-2 minutes from being cooked, start mashed potatoes.
4. Remove noodles when finished. Sprinkle with olive oil to prevent sticking. Add cream cheese to potatoes. Continue to stir until all has been incorporated and melted. Add chives and 1/2 cup shredded cheese to potatoes and stir well.
5. Oil pan on bottom and sides well. Place 3 noodles on bottom of pan and sprinkle a little shredded cheese on top. Spread 1/3 of the potatoes on top of these noodles. Add more shredded cheese. Repeat process until all potatoes and noodles are used. Sprinkle more shredded cheese to the top layer of the noodles. Cover with foil and cook for 35 minutes on 350.
6. After removing from oven, take off foil and let sit for 5 minutes. Slice, serve, and top with sour cream. Enjoy!!