Eggless Chocolate Cake
1 box of cake mix - I used devil's food. I think this would work fine with anything with some color to it.
3 tablespoons flax meal
9 tablespoons water
1 and 1/2 cup water (per package)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (per package)
1 container cream cheese frosting
1 package chocolate pudding
1/2 cup soy milk
|I love that we can get Kroger brand out here in AZ!|
For the cake:
1. In a separate bowl, combine flax meal and 9 tablespoons of water to substitute for 3 eggs. (1 egg = 1 tablespoon flax to 3 tablespoons water). Stir to combine and pop in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
2. Prepare cake according to package, substituting flax for egg after it has chilled and thickened. Bake as directed.
3. Frost when cooled.
For the frosting:
1. Mix soy milk and package of pudding.
2. Warm the frosting for 20 seconds in the microwave to soften and make it easier to mix.
3. Combine frosting with pudding mixture. Stir for several minutes then let it sit for a few minutes to thicken.
4. Frost cake, add chocolate chips to top if desired.
|Eggless Chocolate Cake|