White Chicken Chili
4-6 chicken breasts, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup chopped jalapenos
1/2 small white onion, minced
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup taco sauce, hot
3 cups chicken broth
4 cans pinto beans - rinse and drain 2 cans
1. Heat oil in a stock pot over medium heat. When hot, but not smoking, add jalapenos, onion, and garlic. Cook for 1 minute then add chopped chicken. Cook chicken thoroughly.
2. Add taco sauce to chicken to coat well, cook for 1 minute longer.
3. Add chicken broth and pinto beans. Cook until beans are warmed through.
4. Add rice to thicken soup, usually about 2 cups uncooked rice. Continue to simmer, covered, until rice is cooked.
5. Serve with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese, jalapenos, hot sauce.