You could change this soup up so many ways. Add shredded chicken, add roasted corn, put some avocado in there... the possibilities are endless!! This is just the plain black bean soup that you could edit to your tastes. The recipe will yield at least 2 meals worth for 2 people, depending on how much you eat!
Black Bean Soup
1 cup jalapenos
2 tbsp. minced garlic
3 cups chicken broth
6 cans black beans
1/4 cup taco seasoning
1/2 cup hot salsa
1/4 cup taco sauce, hot
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
Toppings: sour cream, cheese, jalapenos, anything you can imagine!
1. Heat a few tsp of oil in a stock pot. When hot, NOT smoking, add chopped jalapenos and garlic. Stir constantly until roasted.
2. Add chicken broth and black beans. No need to drain and rinse the beans.
3. Add sesasoning, salsa, and sauce to pot and stir well.
4. Cook until beans are done through - let them get mushy, you're going to blend it up anyway.
5. Blend with immersion blender until smooth. Add shredded cheese and sour cream and blend again.