Make your own "Almond Joy"-like treats! These whip up super fast and taste just like the real thing! You also get all the benefits of delicious coconut oil in a nice, sweet treat. This fills about 20 regular sized cupcake liners half full. Next time, I'll be using mini cupcake sized liners.
1 cup of melted coconut oil (coconut oil melts at >75ish degrees, so I popped it in the microwave to make it completely liquid. Took about 1 minute to get everything clear and liquid)
1/2 cup honey
2 cups+ shredded, sweetened coconut
Almonds to top, if wanted. Or you could go "Mounds" style with no nuts!
14 ounces dark chocolate (I used the melt-n-dip kind that comes as wafers in a sealed bowl)
1. Mix the melted coconut oil with the honey and coconut.
2. Spoon the coconut mixture into lined cupcake tins. About 1 large household spoonful each.
3. Top each with an almond if desired.
4. Place in the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes until it turns white.
5. Melt the chocolate as directed on packaging.
6. Spoon the chocolate over top of each liner.
7. Put back in the fridge or freezer til chocolate gets solid.
This is the pre-refrigerated (still liquid) form of the treats
After it comes out of the fridge it should be white like above. Start to top with chocolate
mmm! mmm! so good!