|Fourth of July Cakeballs|
1 box of confetti cake, prepared as directed on box in 13x9 pan
1 container confetti frosting (or cream cheese frosting)
2 containers of dipping white chocolate
Red and blue food coloring
1. Take cooled confetti cake and crumble in large bowl.
2. Warm frosting in microwave for about 20 seconds, just to soften it up.
3. Combine crumbled cake and container of frosting until it is fully mixed. It will be pretty mushy and a little wet, that is ok!
4. Form 1-inch balls of cake/frosting; place on waxed paper on a baking sheet. When all cake is formed into balls, place baking sheets in freezer for about 2 hours to firm.
5. Melt white chocolate. Divide into 3 bowls. Will need smallest amount of red, medium amount of blue, largest amount of white. Add several drops of food coloring to the chocolate until you get the color you desire.
6. Arrange the balls into a rectangle on a sheet pan and decide how you'd like your flag to look. Dip into white and blue colored chocolate. Allow these to harden slightly. Drizzle red chocolate over white cakeballs to simulate the red and white stripes of the flag.
7. Pop the sheet pan back in the freezer to allow the chocolate to set up quickly and continue to harden the cake inside. This helps to prevent everything from getting melty in the hot July weather.